On World Pancreatic Cancer Day, people around the world will unite to
Demand Better in the fight against the world's toughest cancer, starting with earlier diagnosis. The World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition has brought together more than 60 organizations from 27 countries and six continents to raise awareness
and inspire action on World Pancreatic Cancer Day.
Pancreatic cancer is one of the deadliest cancers, and more people need to know about it and the need for more funding. Through this combined
effort, we are bringing greater attention, awareness, and better
outcomes to this deadly disease.It’s time to elevate the global conversation and show the world that we are united in our fight against #pancreaticcancer.
Take Action. Demand Better.
On World Pancreatic Cancer Day (Nov. 16),take actionto help us raise awareness about pancreatic cancer, one of the world’s deadliest cancers. We need demand greater attention and better outcomes to this deadly disease. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
the word on social media to help educate your family and friends about
pancreatic cancer! You can also temporarily change your Facebook or
Instagram profile picture to support World Pancreatic Cancer Day and
post using hashtags #WPCD or #worldpancreaticcancerday.
2. Wear Purple on World Pancreatic Cancer day to help raise
awareness! Be ready to share and educate the people around you on the importance of knowing the symptoms and risks for pancreatic cancer
3. Light it Purple. Turn the buildings, monuments and homes in your community purple! Hold a purple vigil to honour a loved one and raise awareness in your community. Download this letter template to send local buildings (insert the required information) and contact Laurie Ellies to let her know which landmark is turning purple. Below are iconic landmarks in Canada that have already confirmed their participation in our WPCD Day Light it Purple Campaign.
4. Host an awareness event or fundraiser in your workplace or community. We have Casual Day Stickers that you can use to fundraise, awareness kits and purple ribbons available in our purple store.
5. Write to your Mayor or Premierto get them to proclaim Thursday November 16th, 2017 as World Pancreatic Cancer Day and November as National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month - contact Laurie Ellies to let her know which city/province is participating. Download this form (insert the relevant information).
6. Follow Pancreatic Cancer Canada on World Pancreatic Cancer Day on our social media channels - Twitter,Facebook and Instagram.